Engine: M96.03 - I can find nothing in my hard-bound 996 manual for any of the M96 motors that describe any of the attributes of the core engine / short block area. There is plenty of information on the heads outward - but in between the heads is bizaarly missing. Please help me understand where I can find/purchase the below information.
I need to find the references that define:
1. Exact bore dimensions and tolerances, and measuring process
2. Specification for piston to cylinder clearance
3. Ring end-gap specifications and tolerance
4. Wrist pin specifications & tolerances
5. Rod bearing tolerances for plastigauge
6. Stock piston ring material type: Iron or Steel and any coatings: Chrome, Moly, other?
Application: Currently resleeving an M96.03 engine to mitigate scored-bores in the stock engine cases. Need the specifications for finish honing of the bores. Sleeves being used are from LASleeve Co. and are spun-cast chrome-moly steel in 96mm bore.
Hello, I am glad to hear you are undertaking the rebuilding of a 996 motor. If you would like, feel free to open a support center ticket and I can emal you one on one to help answer your questions. I am a Porsche Master Technician and would be happy to assist you with your project.